Seller's Permit

If your business will sell tangible personal property, you must get a seller’s permit. You need this permit even for a temporary booth or sidewalk sale. Contact the following department for more information: State of California Board of Equalization
1800 30th Street
Suite 380
Bakersfield, CA 93302
Phone: 661-395-2880
Alternate Phone: 800-400-7115

Submitting Your Application

When you mail the application in, be sure to have appropriate identification (your California Driver’s License and Social Security Card, plus, if your business is a corporation, your Articles of Incorporation).