Home Occupation Permits

Requirements Within Ridgecrest City Limits

Obtain a Home Occupation Permit from the for home Community and Economic Development Department of the City. There is a one-time businesses $75 fee for this permit. You will also need to get a business license.

Requirements in Kern County

There is a “doing business from your home” licensing requirement for some businesses. Contact the Kern County Sheriff to determine if you need a home license at 661-391-7690.

Home Daycare's

Both the state and the city regulate home daycare providers (with the city for home regulations applying only to businesses with six or more customers). Call daycare the Community and Economic Development Department for specific instructions at 760-499-5072.