Business License

The City of Ridgecrest Municipal Code requires any business doing business or operating within the boundaries of Ridgecrest to have a business license. That license is only good within city limits. If your business is located in an unincorporated area (outside city limits), you may be required to obtain licenses from both city and county.

License Fee

Please visit the Business License page for more information.

County License

If your business is outside the City limits, contact the Kern County Sheriff’s Office at 661-391-7690 to find out if you need a County license.

State Board of Consumer Affairs

Other licensing requirements also pertain to certain businesses. To find out if your type of business requires either a state license or certification, call the State Board of Consumer Affairs at 800-952-5210 or 916-445-1254. The Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD) phone number is 916-322-1700.